As we head into the new year Talent Management models would like to share some of their models’ favourite home-spa tips to help you renew your senses and relax your body as our new year gift to you!
Happy New You: Talent Management Models’ Home Spa Tips for 2013
As we head into the new year Talent Management models would like to share some of their favourite home-spa tips as a new year gift to help you renew your senses and relax your body. These home treatments will also help to combat the effects of recent cold weather and seasonal over-indulgences for a fantastic way to begin 2013.
With the busy lives that many of us lead it is very important to take some time out for yourself. Our models swear by these simple rejuvenating techniques to help them de-stress, and it’s easy to make time for them every week. Start today and you’ll soon feel refreshed and ready for the year ahead. For best results make time for them every week and feel the difference all year round! Read on for our Talent Management models’ rejuvenating home-spa techniques.
Rejuvenating hair treatment
You will need – a towel, a build-up removing shampoo, a deep conditioner, 100% pure essential oil of lavender or rosemary.
– Place your towel on a radiator or in the airing cupboard and leave to warm through.
– While your towel is warming, reach for your build-up removing shampoo, which will remove any styling residue.
– Wet your hair and massage the shampoo firmly into your roots, refreshing your scalp and shifting any build up.
– Rinse thoroughly and repeat the process.
– When you are satisfied that your hair and scalp are squeaky clean, apply a liberal amount of deep conditioning treatment to your hair, concentrating on the ends, and wrap it in the warm towel.
– Leave your hair in the towel while you bathe.
– When you have finished your bath rinse your hair, adding 4 drops of lavender or rosemary oil to the final rinse water (rosemary will stimulate refresh and promote circulation in your scalp, lavender will strengthen, calm and soothe).
Rejuvenating face and body treatment
You will need – a deep cleansing face mask, an exfoliating sponge, 2 x cotton wool pads, 500g Dead Sea Salts, your favourite 100% pure essential oil (we recommend rose or lavender), moisturising shower gel, face and body moisturiser, some body oil and a bath robe.
– Hang your robe on a radiator or place it in the airing cupboard to warm through.
– Run a deep warm bath, adding the salts and 6-8 drops of your favourite essential oil.
– Apply your face mask and step into your bath.
– Take the cotton wool pads and run them under the cold tap, squeeze out excess water and place them over your eyes.
– Lay back and soak for the length of time recommended on the face mask directions.
– Remove the cotton wool pads and rinse off your face mask with cool water.
– Apply a little of your moisturising shower gel to the exfoliating sponge and gently buff your skin from the feet up, working in small circles and always towards the heart.
– When your entire body is tingly-clean, relax back into your bath for as long as you can, being careful not to fall asleep.
– Immediately after your bath, apply moisturisers to your face and body as they will be most easily absorbed at this point.
– Apply oil to your body, this will lock in the moisture.
– Wrap yourself up in your warm robe.
– Drink a large glass of water and relax.
– For deeper relaxation try reading a good book rather than watching television, or lying down and simply focusing on the sound of your own breathing until you drift off.
– Preferably get an early night.
– Wake up feeling renewed and refreshed!
IMPORTANT: Before using any esssential oil in a home-spa treatment it is important to perform a skin patch test. Place 1-2 drops of diluted essential oil on the inside of your elbow and leave for 24hrs, in the unlikely event of an adverse reaction do not use.